The Wildfire Institute strives to inspire employees to continue their professional growth through general and skill based lifelong organizational learning. Our goal is to provide an environment of teaching and learning that improves employee work-life through courses; seminars; workshops; and skills training for improving productivity in the workplace. We seek to strengthen the work-place maturity of each employee through career development and workplace support.
The Wildfire Institute also supports creating and delivering rich media for both classroom and Internet based education for students and employees. Services offered extend from print media to high definition video related to professional development:
North Lake College Goals:
- Provide comprehensive support services and appropriate accommodations to promote the educational, personal, and professional development of all students
- Provide lifelong learning for occupational, cultural, and personal enrichment.
- Continuously improve access to and make optimal use of current and emerging technology for students, faculty, staff, and community.
Strategic Objectives: 2010-2013 (related to professional development)
- Improve employee engagement, effectiveness, and satisfaction.
- Improve efficient and effective use of resources with emphasis on process improvement, technology, and support of all location facilities.